This policy applies to all our website visitors whether registered or not, including people responding to surveys, competitions and writing reviews. We will always explain the purpose of our data collection before we ask you for your personal details.
What information do we collect about you?
- Your name, email address and password
- Your subject areas and institutions/companies of interest
- Your journey across the site
- Your email preferences
You can browse our website without providing any personal information, however if you would like the enhanced website experience and thus make an enquiry about an institution or company featured on the site you will need to register with us. In most of these instances we will ask for your name and email address only.
Uk Education Guide Ltd also collects potentially personally-identifying information that is collected by Google Analytics. The analytics feature Uk Education Guide has implemented is based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the Doubleclick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
How we use your information?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future personalised user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features that make your site experience more efficient will be disabled and some of our services will not function properly.
- To send periodic emails about competitions, promotions, surveys or other site features.
- To pass your contact details onto schools/universities and companies to which you made an enquiry so that they can respond to you directly (we will not pass your details to anyone else without your permission).
- For general research purposes, to allow us to develop products and services we offer.
- To contact you in response to any feedback you give us.
- You can change your communication preference with us at any point, by clicking here or by following the instructions at the bottom of each email you receive from us. You can also update your contact details by logging in to our website. These contact details are used to respond to your enquiries or, put you in touch with the course provider you are interested in.
You can email us support@UkEducationGuide.com if you have any questions regarding the search criteria on our website.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without your consent unless required by law.
An instance when we may share your personal information is when you make an enquiry to a school/university or company through our website – we pass on your contact details to the institution or company concerned so that they can contact you directly.
UkEducationGuide.com is not directed to children under 13.
Links to other websites
On our website there are links to other sources of information including university web sites. This privacy notice does not cover these links. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 15th September 2016.
Access to your personal Information
We would like to be as transparent as possible in terms of giving you access to your personal information. You find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by logging in to our website and updating your information.
If you wish to stop receiving regular updates, please click here or you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email you receive from us.
If you wish to delete your details completely, please click here
How to contact us