The Leys

Request a FREE expert consultation

  • Date of Birth of Child
What will you receive if you complete this form
  • When we receive a completed form from you, we will email you to make sure we have fully understood what you want to know, if anything is unclear.
  • We will also offer you a free online consultation to better understand what you and your family are looking for from a UK education provider.
  • Then we will confirm that the request for information has come from a parent/guardian, not a child (under 16). If this is unclear from the information provided, we will separately email the respondent and ask for a return email copying in a parent/guardian, or ask for added confirmation of the age of the respondent. If necessary, we will then verify the identity of the parent/guardian with a separate email requesting confirmation of this relationship before any further information is sought from the respondent and before any data is shared with any 3rd party (requested school/university). Also, all ongoing communications will be copied to the parent.
  • Following this, we will email the right person within the faculty office of the chosen University or Boarding school admissions department, you want to make contact with, and copy you on the email, so you can see your request has been actioned.
  • The chosen University or Boarding school will then seek your permission (EU regulations, relating to EU data subjects) to send you the information you have requested and will make you aware of their own data protection policies.
  • If you have given permission for the Boarding School or University to contact you (EU regulations, relating to EU data subjects) we will ensure you get a reply from the University or School of interest.
  • We will then follow up with you to make sure your questions have been answered and you feel able to move forwards with your planning. 
  • We are happy to provide any further assistance we can offer at any stage of your application process to any UK educational institution featured on the site.
  • Please find a link below to our own privacy and data protection policy. https://ukeducationguide.com/privacy-policy/
REQUEST A FREE EXPERT CONSULTATION
  • Full Boarding Fees

    £37,740

  • Qualifications

    GCSE'S & A Levels

  • Language

    English as an additional language

  • Boarding

    Full Boarding

  • Dietary Requirements

    Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal & Kosher options offered

  • Key Information

    The Leys in Cambridge’s only co-educational boarding and day school for pupils from 11 – 18 years old. The School has approximately 574 pupils . Approximately 70% of the pupils are boarders with the remaining 30% attending as day pupils, living locally. For pupils for whom, English is not their first language there is a dedicated EAL department. Typically, less than 20% of the students at The Leys are international students.

    Location

    The Leys is set in grounds of 50 acres, on the outskirts of Cambridge, backing onto the River Cam. The nearest airport is London Stansted which is about 30 minutes away by car. Cambridge Station has fast train links into London, the journey takes approximately 50 minutes.

    A day in the life of…..

    Boarders from across all 9 houses gather in the main dining hall for breakfast from 7.45am before joining the day pupils in classes at 8.35am. There are 6 lesson periods each day with 3 afternoons per week for sports activities and fixtures. Lunch starts at 12.25pm and pupils gather together to enjoy a choice of hot and cold dishes, freshly prepared daily on the premises.

    On Saturday evenings and Sundays there are a range of trips available so it really is like living in a ‘home from home’.
    Over 100 activities, clubs and societies take place every week and pupils can take part in these during the day and in the evenings, after supper and after supervised homework/study sessions.
    Each house offers recently refurbished bedrooms and dormitories along with purpose-designed Common rooms so that all year groups are able to mix and enjoy each other’s company.

    www.theleys.net



    • Our Boarding Schools Placement Service

      Step 1: Schools Shortlist

      Written Brief

      Summarising all your personal school requirements

      Schools Shortlist

      Providing details of schools that meet your needs

      Step 2: Enrolment Service

      School Tours

      We will arrange these, if you can visit the UK

      Guardian Selection

      Helping you choose a suitable UK based guardian

      Final School Selection

      Visa Support

      A Smooth Arrival in the UK

      Get Started
    • Sign up to get the best from the guide

      Get our monthly email newsletter

      Sign Up
    • PM Guardianship